Advertising group hooked on Corpus Christi
The American Advertising Federation-Corpus Christi reeled in the job as hosts to this year’s ADvent10n 2018, a “pun” and exciting convention for AAF’s 10th district, which covers Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas. From Saturday-Tuesday, April 14-17, professionals and students in the advertising, marketing and creative industries will hear speakers, share ideas and discuss current challenges and trends in the advertising industry.
Convention marketers decided to have a little fun with advertising the Sun’s Out Puns Out convention that “you gotta sea.” Don’t get “tide” up, says the ad, make sure you’re at this “fintastic” convention at the Omni Hotel in downtown Corpus Christi.
Monday’s keynote luncheon features Timothy Goodman, whose work you have probably seen on Chipotle bags. He is a New York City illustrator, a graphic designer, an art director and an author. Besides Chipotle, clients have included Zappos and Samsung among many others.
Cheryl Mills Knight takes to the podium for Tuesday’s keynote lunch. She’s the brand director for Kendra Scott, a jewelry and home decor company based on three core values of family, fashion and philanthropy. Mills Knight was one of the original seven who joined with jewelry designer Kendra Scott in 2005 and has helped grow the company from a local startup to a global, billion-dollar brand.
A Kendra Scott pop-up in the Omni on Monday will donate part of its sales to the New Day Port A Fund. The mini-store will be open from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Other speakers and workshop leaders include:
• Ashton Gary, director of Digital Strategy at Goodway Group, speaking on “People Based Marketing.”
• David and Zsu, Culture Pilot branding strategy, “Storyframing: Effective Photography in Branding and Advertising.”
• Christopher Smith, writer and creative director at The Richards Group, “They’re Rooting for You: Turning Your Clients into a Friendly Audience.”
• Nancy Miller, Squarespace Circle member, “Design-driven, user-friendly, and performance-focused. Build your site with Squarespace.”
• Dr. Steven Seidel, professor of psychology, “Working Smarter to Achieve Better Work, Health, and Life Outcomes.”
• Wendy Buskop, patent and copyright attorney, “Copyright Without an Attorney.”
• Amy Schmittauer Landino, YouTuber, speaker, author, podcaster and marketing consultant, “How to create Video that Gets Attention.”
For more information, visit aafccsunspuns.com. You’ll have fun for shore!
Find more articles like this in News