Nominate Corpus Christi YWCA Y Women in Careers by Dec. 5
The Corpus Christi YWCA has opened nominations for its 40th annual Y Women in Careers Award. Deadline to nominate a professional businesswoman in the Coastal Bend who has made a significant impact in her career field is Thursday, December 5. Nomination forms can be found at ywcacc.org.
Usually, seven women are chosen from among the nominees to be honored at the YWCA’s Y Women in Careers Awards Banquet in March. The YWCA has honored 283 women since the program's inception in 1979.
Y Women in Careers was developed to set an example for young girls, highlighting what women can accomplish and helping them set goals for their own lives.
The banquet is one of the major fundraisers for the YWCA, which supports YWCA programs.
The recipients of the 2019 award were:
• Starr Flores, director, Texas A&M Coastal Bend Health Education Center;
• Bunny D. Forgione, Ph.D., executive associate dean, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, TAMU-Corpus Christi;
• Sarah Garza, director, Environmental Planning, Port of Corpus Christi Authority;
• Trina C. Martinez, vice president and general manager, Corpus Christi Refinery, CITGO Petroleum;
• Marita Rafael, M.D., physician, Driscoll Children’s Hospital;
• Connie G. Rivera, project architect, WKMC Architects Inc.
• Liza Wisner, founder and CEO, PowerUp Organization.
Reservations and sponsorships for the awards banquet are available at ywcacc.org or by calling 361-857-5661 ext. 102.
Find more articles like this in News